Wajer Yachts is a Dutch family-owned business with an international field of activity. Although we are located in different places in the world, our yards in the Netherlands are the beating heart of our company. Here, a team of approximately 300 colleagues works on the development, design, construction and testing of around 60-70 yachts per year. About 80-100 service and refit projects are also being realized here.
From our service hubs (South of France, Ibiza, Mallorca, Miami & The Hamptons) we offer our customers an unparalleled service with our Care program. Being the owner of a Wajer means maximum sailing pleasure, "without a worry". Three simple words that form the foundation of our business. Our technical team ensures that the Wajers are always in good technical condition during the busy sailing season. In addition, our captains & deckhands are responsible for sailing, cleaning, refueling up to the planning of sailing trips.
What are you going to do?
As a Service Engineer, you are a vital part of Wajer Yachts' Technical Care team. This team operates from service hubs situated in the South of France, Spain, and the USA. Your main base is the service hub in Marina Bay, Miami. However, your responsibilities extend to maintaining our yachts in The Hamptons, Bahamas, and any potential super yachts tenders in the surrounding area.
You will collaborate closely with fellow technicians, Technical Service Managers, and our Project Managers from Holland. Working collectively with your colleagues, you play a key role in ensuring that our yachts are consistently in top-notch technical condition!
- Identifying and resolving issues in mechanical, electrical, and software-controlled installations.
- Repairing and replacing parts, installations, or systems, encompassing propulsion, control, HVAC, navigation, piping, and specific technical ship systems. Conducting functional tests and commissioning these activities.
- Surveying and diagnosing technical tasks, as well as executing maintenance for the yachts.
- Cleaning and maintaining machines and tools.
- Performing minor administrative tasks such as tracking hours and activities.
Your job satisfaction is derived from contented owners who, thanks in part to your efforts, can enjoy their Wajer every day.
What are your assets?
You are highly customer-oriented, structured, and organizationally adept. With a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and the ability to stay sharp even in the dynamic peak season, you excel in these qualities. Your work experience has made you exceptionally independent, and you quickly adapt to changing environments. Your communication skills are robust, allowing you to effectively convey your knowledge.
- A technical secondary vocational education level 3 or 4
- Experience as a mechanic in yachting or the automotive industry is preferable
- Proficient English, Dutch will be helpfull but not necessary
- Willingness to work and live in the Miami area. It's a definite plus if you're already living there
- Possession of a valid driver's license
What can you expect?
An ambitious, rapidly growing, and increasingly international organization, all with the personal touch of a family business. Wajer's success is palpable for everyone, and we are a true leader in our industry. You will join a young and professional team that delivers top-notch performance for our customers every day. This results in a highly positive atmosphere within the organization and opportunities to invest in the future and your career. You will have the opportunity for continuous self-development and the freedom to improve processes. Of course, you will also receive excellent employment conditions and housingfacilities in Miami.